Thursday 28 June 2007

Colours on a gloomy day

I had nothing ahead of me except press articles to scan and a schedule to chase. That was probably why the hot shining day seemed gloomy.

Nevertheless amidst my dulled senses, my attention was captured by this!



As if the blinding sun wasn't enough, I saw this blooming lotus outside the Department of Biological Science. It was initially just a bud on Monday. But when I went down on Wednesday - volia!



It's big, pink and blooming in action.

I couldn't help but take a few shots. The fact that I'd finished scanning the articles probably added to my photo-taking mood. =)



Here's the last picture of the lotus, sun kissed and smiling for the camera.

This was taken on the 27th July. I guess the flower's still there for those who want to see it, but no guarentees. So hurry down now to Level 5 Blk S2 Science Drive 4, The National University of Singapore to catch the flower in full bloom!

4 comments:

Vac said...

I must be blind. I walked past that area but i din see it! =X

Anonymous said...

dude. I wish they grew more in Florida.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a cool flower. anonymous was right-Florida just doesn't grow them around here.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a cool flower. anonymous was right-Florida just doesn't grow them around here.