Sunday 17 June 2007

Walking in the Rain

Another activity organised by Siva that got me to work those fats off's Briskwalk. It's refreshing as promised; yet I wouldn't be too sure if it's due to the walk or the shower.

Armed with only a bottle full of water, I had to pick a make-shift umbrella off the leaf litter, which I have to say, worked better against the rain than I expected. Along with me, I have my dad who was lucky enough to find a large leaf with a perpendicular stem. My sis and Wenxian were equipped with rudimentary gear; a cap and a tiny face towel. My mum was the luckiest - she had Wenxian's umbrella!


Leaves as brollies.


Those crazy steep steps.

It was a satisfying morning after the slog in rain and perspiration. And perspire we did - after all those knee high steps and crazy slopes. Finally, we achieved the ultimate aim - reaching the highest topographical location in Singapore!


At the top of Singapore with my mentor

I expected a bird's eye, panaromic view of Singapore, but all there were available were tall thick trees and a whole lot of mist. I guess that's what nature parks should be about anyway - as little human disturbances or evidences of human intrusion as possible.


The summit!

Well, more can be found in habitatnews along with photos available here!

2 comments:

Sivasothi said...

How did you managed to drag your family along?! Glad they enjoyed the walk.

For a better link to photos, see the Briskwalk page.

Ruo Yu said...

My mum was really enthusiastic, so she whipped the whole family along.

I guess it's only the morning inertia of getting up that's hard to overcome. But even my sis made it eventually - though not without a little grouchy mood in the air.